Today’s experiment… Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Lactation Cookies. As you might already know I will try anything to increase my milk supply and while I was shopping through well.ca I noticed that had Boons lactation cookies for a nice $9 on sale; I had to order some! Well they were delicious! I ordered a bag of the Cocoa Quinoa & Oatmeal Raisin. I must say I really preferred the Cocoa Quinoa, it was the right amount of chocolate to kill a craving while assisting with my milk supply 🙂 Win win in my books!
I wasn’t about to pay for another bag of those bad boys so I turned to Pinterest to seek out the most pinned lactation cookie recipes and wow there were A LOT! I settled on 4 different ones and played with ingredients from all making the yummiest cookies! I personally used all organic ingredients but if you don’t have them don’t get hung up, just use what you have.
3 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons brewers yeast
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
4 tablespoons unrefined organic virgin coconut oil
1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar (I buy mine at Costco)
2 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F
- Whisk in a large bowl oatmeal, flour, yeast, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt.
- In your mixer bowl beat butter with coconut oil until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until “fluffy”.
- Add eggs!
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Hand mix in chocolate chips so they’re evenly dispensed
- Place desired amount on to lined cookie sheet and bake! Mine took 12 minutes but each oven is different I suggest setting your timer for 10 minutes and checking them.
These cookies have been a family favourite in our house and we hope you and yours love them as much as we do! Hashtag #HappyLifePilotWife with your cookies! Can’t wait to see how they turn out 🙂